Saturday, June 4, 2011

Frozen Mango and Orange Treat

As I mentioned in one of my earlier blog postings, it is hot in Philadelphia. To cool off, I made mango and orange popsicles with a molding that I bought from the dollar store (I love dollar stores). The recipe for the popsicles can be found at seasaltwithfood.comI have also typed out the recipe below. Give it a try. The popsicles are delicious and would make excellent treats for kids. It is a better alternative to sugary popsicles made up of only artificial flavorings and dyes.





Ingredients:
  • 2 cps of chopped ripe mango or frozen mango
  • 1 cp orange juice
  • 2 tbsp honey 
Instructions:
  1. Blend the ingredients together until smooth.
  2. Spoon out the puree into molds and freeze until solid, about 4 hours or overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment