Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tangy Chicken Wings

Some of my friends and I were having a potluck. I wanted to make chicken wings but I want the recipe to be simple, low in sodium, and easy. I finally found a recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings by Martha Stewart that fitted my criteria; however, I made two adjustments to the original recipe---I used red wine vinegar instead of sherry-wine vinegar and I omitted the salt.  The chicken wings turned out great and had a tangy taste. My friends also liked it. Below is a picture and the recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs of chicken wings
  • ½ cp red wine vinegar
  • ½ cp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp light brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 4 cloves garlic, smashed
  • ½ tsp ground black pepper
  • salt to your taste (optional)
  • nonstick cooking spray or oil
Instructions:
  1. Wash the chicken wings. Place them in a large resealable plastic bag or big bowl. In a bowl, mix together the vinegar, oil, sugar, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to overnight.
  2. Preheat the oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or spread about a 1-2 tsp cooking thinly over a baking sheet with a piece of paper towel.
  3. Transfer the chicken wing to baking sheet and then add about 2 tbsp of the juice over the chicken. Bake until the juice runs clear, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment